.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom

I'm one of those people that temp agencies, and ordinary employment interviewers, don't know what the heck to do with. I have a Ph.D. in biochemistry, which is still an interest, but I don't want to do the kind of work I did in that area ever again. Besides, I left it 15 years ago. I then worked in publishing as a production editor, and then freelance copy edited and proofread. But that was by hand, in the US (while I now live in England), and I don't yet know Quark. Then I got a degree in textile design and worked for a fashion company. None of these skills are apparently of any use in finding work in Norwich, UK, at the age of 57, so I'm working a very boring office job three days a week. Have a suggestion? Please speak up.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sorry 'bout that

The time since my last blog posting has flown by. And we have done several things to further our move to England.

1) We visited our storage space to distinguish between things that woud go with us, things that will be sold (we hope!), and things that can't be sold and can be let go of. That's one of the best things about any move for pack rats like me. I have to let go of a lot of things that I have kept in case I needed them again some time. When I say it's one of the good things, that doesn't mean I enjoy it. it just means it's good for me.

Memo to self: MUST balance good-for-me with fun-for-me. Balance is tipping toward good-for-me.

2) I finished my application for a BRIO (Bronx Recognizes Its Own) artists award. It would be a big boost for the budget that would make starting my textile design business over again in England much easier. It would also involve a trip back for a community service project of some sort, which wouldn't be a bad thing either.

3) We got our marriage licence! We've been meaning to get married but the difference it will make for my statis in Britain has motivated us to finally get it done.

Memo to self: Stop now before getting gooey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home